Saturday, December 28, 2013

Red, White, and Kraft

I love the red, white, and kraft color combo for Christmas. I know those these colors are typical for Valentine's Day, but they are so clean and fresh. Fusion Card Challenge combined my love of these two colors and a sweet little sketch. 


The beauty of the Fusion challenges is that you can pretty much take inspiration from any part of their challenge and make it your own. I tried my hand at both the picture and sketch challenges this time. 


I used layers upon layers for this card. I started with a solid Real Red base and added some Fresh Prints DSP to the back. Then I embossed a piece of White cardstock with the new Arrows embossing folder. I love that it looks a bit like a chunky cable knit sweater. Then I used my Big Shot and the Banner framelits to cut out some flags from more Fresh Prints DSP. 

I used the Hardwood stamp to give my circle more depth and then stamped over it with the sentiment, "Love You More." Before adhering the sentiment and flags to the card I wound up some red baker's twine and regular twine into a messy nest and stuck it down to my card. Last, but not least, I added a couple silver sequins for a bit of sparkle. 

Do you have a favorite color combo that you turn to when crafting or making cards?

No comments:

Post a Comment